Sponsored Link


A girl died due to the wickedness of her family members who subjected her to inhumane treatment and severe punishment for minor mistakes.
Victim: Shahena Uddin
A girl was beaten to death by her family members after years of repeated horrific abuse. The family of a vulnerable teenager were today jailed for a total of 56 years between them. 
The story of Shahena Uddin, 19 is a touching one. Shahena, who was just 4ft 11in tall but weighed 13st, was made to eat large amounts of rice and would be made to lick the toilet seat and stand for long periods staring into the toilet bowl.
She was told to eat her own faeces and vomit and pieces of paper and stand for long periods of time when she annoyed her relatives by not eating at the speed they wanted her to. She was harrassed, beaten, harragued and molested by her family members. According to Pathologist Robert Chapman, he revealed that after her death her eyes were black and swollen and all sides of her head as well as her temples were covered in bruising. 
Dr Chapman said he found bruising to her shoulders and it appeared a 'rod-like' object with parallel sides had been used to strike her, particularly across her breasts. Shahena was found dead in the bathroom of her home in Watford after being brutally beaten with fists and weapons - making a noise so loud that neighbours thought her family was 'tenderising meat'.
The teenager's sister-in-law Salma Begum, 32, was jailed for life with a minimum term of 18 years after being convicted of murdering Shahena, who wrote her a heartbreaking letter saying 'please help me'. Before her death, Shahena described herself as 'bad' and said that she 'does not deserve to live in this bad world' because she 'ruined everyone's life and happiness'.
The local council has launched a review into the case after Shahena was put into the custody of her brother Suhail Uddin and his wife Salma when her parents abandoned her and her siblings. Mr Justice Spencer told Begum she was ‘cruel, manipulative and deceitful’, describing the wider family’s conduct as a ‘shocking, selfish and disgraceful perversion of family loyalty’. 
Suhail Uddin imprisoned for his role in Shahena's death
The victim's four brothers and her sister were also sentenced to prison today for causing or allowing the death of a vulnerable adult and conspiracy to pervert the cause of justice.

Suhail, 35, was sentenced to ten years while brothers Jewel Uddin, 27, and Jhuhal Uddin, 33, received eight and nine years respectively, brother Tohel Uddin, 24, six and a half years and sister Rehena Uddin, 22, five years.
Speaking after the conclusion of the case, police admitted they have been unable to find a motive for the long-running campaign of abuse.
One official said that the 'troubled' family was 'held together by control and internal discipline of an extreme variety'. 
Salma Begum wife of Suhail was also jailed
Shahena also left a letter asking to be allowed to leave the home she shared with her family in Watford which was never granted. This touching story of Shehena will continue to haunt her family forever.
The touching letter she left behind before her death
Here is what she wrote in the letter, she said: 'I can't do this any more, I really CAN'T, please let me go Afa. I need to go, I can't live here any more. I have thought about it and I can't stay here any more. PLEASE HELP ME!
'Every day I am scared and I can't be like this any more, I think I am going crazy.
'Just try to forget me. It will be easier now. At least when I'm gone there won't be any fights at home.
'I don't know where I'm gonna go but I have to. I will miss you always, I will never forget you ever! I will always love you but I have to go my own way. I can't stay somewhere and be blamed for everything.
'It doesn't matter if you hate me because now you will be free. I have caused you a lot of stress and now I'm releasing the stress. Sorry for everything and thank you for everything.'
On another sheet, she drew a heart captioned 'before' and a broken heart with the word 'after', along with a string of self-hating messages.
The teenager, spelling her name 'Shina', wrote: 'Shina is bad and does not deserve to live in this bad world.
'Shina RUINED everyone's life and happiness. I don't know how this all happened in a few hours.
'RUINED EVERYTHING. RUINED EVERYONE'S HAPPINESS. UPSET EVERYONE. WHY?'






Follow Us on Twitter!

Like Us on Facebook!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top